Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Protectenator

Ellis and Brock have been working on Ellis' science fair project today.  She has named the invention "The Protectenator"  This invention was inspired by an event that happened a couple of weeks ago.  At school, someone was breaking into Ellis' lunchbox and eating part of her sandwich.  This went on for a couple of days.  While this was happening, Ellis was assigned a project to make an invention that had a power source, an on and off switch, and that WORKS!  So, we decided to try to make a lunchbox alarm.  Brock, with Ellis' assistance, built an alarm with an electric bell, wire and a battery.

Here is the alarm...


Here is Ellis & Kiley acting out the attempted sandwich theft...
and the Oscar goes to.........................

The Protectenator up close....

3 comments:

The Noonans said...

Very cool Ellis! What a great idea. Can I get a Protectenator for my cookies?

Love,
Auntie Tonia

Unknown said...

I wish I had one of those when I was teaching because some mystery person would take my lunch in the teachers refrigerator! Obviously, I made the best lunches because mine was the only one ever taken.
Impressed with the idea.
Love,
Aunt Joey

Hoffman's said...

This post cracks me up